I have just come back from Italy and I can confess that I am in love with this expressive country. Italian cuisine dived and settled in my heart forever, this way it was brought to my home. I also brought a lot of various souvenirs for my relatives and friends. So, all of my close people were going to visit me and have arrival party. I had to cook something special for them because I missed these noisy guys so much. The question was – what kind of dishes should I cook. The cuisine had to be Italian for sure, but what would be interesting for my company – I didn’t know.In Italy I tasted a lot of dishes cooked of vegetables and Italian cheese – they are my favorite ones.
Skinny Eggplant Rollatini
Write a review
- eggplants – 2 large pieces
- low fat ricotta – 1 cup(9oz)
- light mozzarella(shredded) – 1 cup and 1\2 cup
- parmesan (shredded) – 1\2 cup
- 1 egg
- frozen spinach – 9oz\250g (thawed, squeezed to remove all liquid)
- 1 garlic clove, germ removed, minced
- Salt, pepper to taste
- tomato pasta or marinara – 1 cup
- Heat oven to 400F/200C.
- Cut off eggplants' ends and slice them – 12 pieces. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and place the slices on it. Baking time is10 minutes, get the eggplants out of the oven and let cool.
- Make ricotta/spinach mixture. Combine ricotta, mozzarella (1/2 cup), parmesan, spinach, egg and garlic. Mix well and season with salt\pepper to taste.
- Put half of tomato sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Generously lay out ricotta/spinach mixture on the slices of eggplants, roll them and arrange seam side down in the prepared dish.