Having found a new way of cooking corn on this blog, I remembered my summer time in the countryside and my childhood. There was only one way of cooking – it was boiling. I sprinkled cobs with salt and enjoyed. Later I learnt another way of having it – I began to make salads, adding fresh or canned corn.And now I have such a recipe of corn cooking that made me the best mum and cook in the world. It is Mexican Corn on the Cob. I wanted to make some useful delicacy for my kids and followed the recipe. I tried a corn and ate the whole ear of corn. I had to wait for my children’s impression. Frankly speaking, I could imagine any reaction but hugs and kisses for corn – that was nearly confusing. My kids don’t ask to buy potato chips any more – they ask about such corn. Even my husband enjoys Mexican corn on the cob. It is the easiest food I ever cooked that can satisfy everybody in my family.
Mexican Corn on the Cob
Write a review
- Corn (unpeeled) – 6 ears
- Unsalted butter – 6 Tbsp.
- Chili powder - 2 tsp.
- Cotija cheese (grated) – 1\4 cup
- Fresh cilantro leaves (chopped) – 1\4 cup
- Juice of 2 limes
- Oven is preheated to 350 degrees F.
- Put corn, in its husks on the oven rack. Roast it about 40-45 minutes.
- Peel off the husks of the corn. Grease each ear of corn with 1 tablespoon of butter for each of them.
- Sprinkle each ear with chili powder, cotija, and cilantro and lime juice. Serve immediately.