My careful relatives (parents and grandparents) always told me about harm of such junk food as chips. There was time when I believed them, but after I tasted once, they lost their chance to correct anything. Why can’t I eat that what tastes so well, especially with good sauce? I can’t find any harm in corn chips with some delicious sauce when I watch movies or just walk around the city with my friends. An idea came to my mind – I must prove my adults that the food I eat is very delicious and not very harmful.
If I buy sauce, they won’t be surprised and they wouldn’t like even to taste anything. I had to cook myself. I prefer salsa with my dear chips and I was going to cook it myself. It was not a problem for me to surf the internet and get a perfect recipe on this website .
The main thing was to come. I tasted my salsa and I was amazed. I turned to be indifferent to my relatives opinion, because the sauce was incredible and I could eat everything myself.
At the moment, I was treating my parents, my grandparents entered the room and got shocked, but they also tasted my salsa with chips and I won. All of them were persuaded that I eat delicious food; moreover, I can cook.
- Canned tomatoes (with juice) – 1 can (28 oz.)
- yellow onion (roughly chopped) – 1 small piece
- jalapeno peppers (roughly chopped) – 1-2 pieces
- cloves garlic (finely chopped) – 3 cloves
- ground cumin – 1 1\2 tsp. (or to taste)
- teaspoons salt – 1 1\2 tsp. (or to taste)
- granulated sugar – 1\4-1 tsp. (or to taste)
- cilantro leaves (without stems) – 1 -2 handfuls
- Lime juice – 3 Tbsp.
- corn – 3\4 C.(optional)
- canned black beans (drained and rinsed) – 3\4 C. (optional)
- corn chips for serving
- Put all ingredients (except corn and beans) into a blender or food processor as it is listed. Use high power to blend to get smooth texture.
- Stir in the black beans and corn.
- Remove to a sealed container and serve immediately with corn chips (or to your taste). You can also refrigerate salsa for 1 day before serving.