Do you hate crepes? Isn’t it a strange and silly question? It would be puzzling if somebody answered – yes. This dish is loved by all people who ever tasted it. Tastes differ of course and the love to crepes differs towards fillings and toppings. Someone would never imagine eating sweet crepes himself and for somebody salty crepe is a disgusting thing. I love all the kinds of fillings in crepes and I’ve learnt the recipe of crepes from scratch onthis blog. At last know all the details and cook this amazing dish with no problems. Many housekeepers get furious frying crepes and every time it spoils their mood. Time of flipping the crepes on the other side was always a problem for me. Now I can show in the found and practiced recipe that it is quite easy to understand – what and when to do.
How to Make Crepes in a Regular Frying Pan, from Scratch
Write a review
- milk – 2 cups
- flour – 1 1\3 of cup
- egg – 1 piece
- vegetable oil – 1 Tbsp.
- sugar – 2 Tbsp.
- baking powder – 1\2 tsp.
- strawberry or raspberry jam/preserves(optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk the mixture to have no lumps.
- Heat a skillet until very hot, oil it. Use a soup ladle to pour small amount of batter into the skillet and roll the pan from side to side to cover the bottom of the pan evenly with a thin layer of the batter.
- Cook the crepe for 1 - 3 minutes, it depends on your pan (as the pan heats up, the next crepes will need much less time to cook ), then flip the crepe to the other side and let it cook for one minute on the other side.1-2 minutes will take you to cook each crepe on each side. To know the time to flip the crepe watch the bubbles of the batter - when bubbles are not forming and the batter starts to dry – it’s time.
- As each crepe is done, replace it to the plate, making a stack of them. Make a filling to your taste and delight!
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of strawberry or raspberry jam/preserves on top of the open crepe, fold the crepe in half, then fold it one more time to form a triangle. (optional)