I was packing my bag, going to travel a long way by bus. I checked the “to take” list and was almost satisfied, but I forgot about food. There would be planed rare stops at cafes and petrol stations of course. What if I want to eat before? I was too worried with clothes and food was out of my mind. I wanted to have some homemade food in my bag, that is, not only chocolate bars or chips.What kind of dish could that be? I needed something compact and more nutritious than sandwiches. On this blog I was so lucky! I found a wonderful recipe. Most ingredients were my favorite. For example, I prefer to have lavash instead of bread and I love almost all sorts of cheese.
Write a review
- 1 piece of lavash
- 8 ounces - cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 pound - roast beef (very thinly sliced)
- 3 teaspoons - ready horseradish sauce
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1\2- 3\4 cup - red onion (very thinly sliced)
- Tabasco sauce to your taste
- 1/4 teaspoon -black pepper
- 2 cups - fresh small spinach leaves (washed and dried)
- 1/4 pound (or to taste) - sliced cheddar cheese
- Wet two clean towels (that you use in kitchen) and squeeze the water out well. Put lavash between these towels. Leave it for about 1/2 hour. It will moisten the lavash; it will become pliable and ready to be filled in and rolled.
- Mix following ingredients: cream cheese, garlic, horseradish, hot sauce and black pepper. Stir well
- Spread the cheese mixture on the whole lavash. Now put a layer of spinach, red onion, cheddar and roast beef but 3 inches with no filling. Roll it tightly. Cover and wrap up the rolled lavash in one of the kitchen towels. Put in the fridge for several hours. After that slice and serve.