You would never guess what I’ve done!
Let me tell everything from the beginning. Me and my friend were going to watch a new movie at the best cinema in the city. I don’t refuse to pay more for a ticket, than at other cinemas, because it does worth it, but the price of other cinema stuff (popcorn etc.) is too high too. You can suppose me to be greedy but I decide to do one thing, that shocked my boyfriend.
I suggested him to take some snack at home, put it in a secret pocket of my backpack, that is, save money and enjoy watching a movie at that wonderful cinema with own food. What did he say? He was shocked and refused. I pretended to be an obedient girl.
Believe me – the recipe of corn fritters will be useful for everybody. Your children will be joyful to have such a delicious snack at school and they won’t eat any junk. If you come home late after work, cook and store some fritters in advance – you will appreciate yourself. I am not joking!
Grilled Corn Fritters
Write a review
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups grilled corn (or if you don't want to grill yours you can use regular corn kernels)
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and parsley. Add milk and mix together with a wooden spoon until thick and thoroughly mixed through. Add the grilled corn and mix well with the flour mixture until all the kernels are well-coated.
- Heat up a skillet over medium high heat and add some vegetable oil to the pan.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop corn mixture out and place into the skillet, gently pressing the mound down so it's flattened. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, or until it's browned, flip, and cook another 5 minutes, or until it's browned. Remove and repeat for all the other corn fritters.
- Serve immediately.
- These grilled corn fritters are best eaten the day of but can be kept in the refrigerator for one day. Any longer then it's not as good so eat them up!