Do you want to surprise your family or your guests with a new refined dish?I wanted to and moreover I had to invent a special menu for our wedding anniversarys. Many-many years ago our first date took place at an Italian restaurant. I can hardly remember the food we had there, but the cuisine was Italian of course. Even my husband remembers that. So, with a little bit of searching I found the perfect recipe to make in this blog. Most home chefs know of the famous Caprese salad, but I thought Caprese chicken to be a rare find. The name of the dish seemed charming and the easy recipe inspired me to cook it.
Grilled Caprese Chicken
Write a review
- chicken breasts (boneless) – 1 pieces
- fresh mozzarella – 4 slices
- tomato – 4 slices
- salt & pepper
- Fresh basil (chop it) – 2 Tbsp.
- balsamic vinegar – 1\3 cup
- Add salt and pepper on each side of chicken put it on hot grill. Cook chicken on grill for about 7 to 9 minutes on both sides or until cooked through.
- While meat is being grilled heat balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and let it begin to boil. Decrease heat and leave it below the boiling point for about 10-15 minutes, stirring all the time. The amount of vinegar will reduce and get thickened.
- Oil the sliced tomatoes with olive oil and put them on the hot grill. Cook for about 1-2 minutes on both sides.
- When chicken is done leave it on the grill and put1 slice of mozzarella on top. Add cooked tomato and basil.
- Place on a large dish and sprinkle with balsamic reduction.