What dish can surprise him? Is it possible at all? Do you think these questions were about my beloved? No, you haven’t guessed. I asked myself about my Italian friend, who works at a restaurant, who travels around the world and he was going to visit me. I could cook some dish of our national cuisine, but it was too predictable. What if I surprised him with Italian dish? It sounded funny. I had to invent something, but was short in time. The best idea that came to my mind – surf the internet.It didn’t take me much time and it worked. I happened to see an interesting recipe on this amazing blog – Eggplant Pizza.
If my friend is going to cook eggplant pizza at a restaurant, why don’t you cook it at home? Here is the recipe.
Write a review
- Eggplant – 2 large pieces (sliced 1 inch thick)
- Tomato sauce– 1 jar(24oz)
- Provolone cheese or mozzarella – 20 slices
- Fresh cherry tomatoes – 3-4 oz
- Fresh spinach – 1 cup
- Himalayan salt – 1\2 tsp.
- Pepper flakes – to taste
- Your oven is preheated to 425 F. Place the sliced eggplants in 2 baking trays. Sprinkle the salt and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn your broiler on, having removed the eggplant from the oven. Cover each eggplant round with tomato sauce, one slice of provolone after it. Place some fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes on the cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot.