Do you have a dish that never leaves your table? I mean a dish which you cook for every mealtime. I have one, which is a side dish for most people, but for me it becomes main course sometimes. I am about salads now. My mother always told me about the use of vegetables and salads of them. Our family always had it for lunch and dinner and our party tables were covered with many dishes of various salads. This way I got a habit and healthy passion to them.My own family now follows that tradition and neither my husband, nor my child protest against salads.
I was very glad to find my daughter making a new salad for my birthday party. She found it here. It is a salad of cucumber, corn, basil and chive. The ingredients are very simple, aren’t they? But the taste was so rich that I refused to have any meat that we had on the table. It happens to me sometimes – I’ve told you already. So, now I have a recipe of one more yummy salad and recommend you cooking it even if you are not such a fan of them as I am.
Basil Chive Cucumber & Corn Salad
Write a review
- corn from 5 medium cobs – 3 cups(cooked and cut)
- 1 cucumber - 2 cups of it(peeled and chopped)
- chopped basil – 1\2cup
- cut chives – 1\4 cup
- light mayonnaise – 2 Tbsp.
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl mix together the vegetables. Add the mayonnaise and mix all together once more. Add salt, pepper to taste.
- You can store it covered in a fridge or serve at once.