I adore corn cooked in all possible ways. As a rule I cook it in a double boiler, sometimes I bake it and serve with butter. It is not heavy on the stomach; delicious (as for me) and I get quite fed, having eaten not much of it. My kids love popcorn and they eat it quite often – they follow me in their way. One more advantage of corn is that it doesn’t lose its vitamins and useful qualities after being cooked. I can have it for any mealtime during the day and feel perfect.
First I cooked corn, following this recipe for a barbeque party and it was very topical. The cobs with roasted bacon rolled around looked and tasted just perfect! Though such a dish is not for every day of course you will be happy when it draws everybody’s attention to itself if you have it on your party table. Garnish is not necessary. Just enjoy!
Bacon Roasted Corn
Write a review
- corn on the cobs – 5 pieces
- butter (melted in microwave) – 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper(to taste)
- butter for serving
- bacon – 10 slices
- Oven is preheated to 425 degrees.
- Lay the corn on a baking sheet, covered with nonstick foil.
- Sprinkle the corn with the melted butter, rolling to cover with it all over. Add a good amount of salt and pepper, but to your taste.
- Roasting time - 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Roll up each cob in 2 slices of bacon.
- Put back to the oven for 20 more minutes,until the bacon is crisp
- Serve with butter, salt and pepper.